Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 10 of 91 - hiked yesterday instead of ran

Gary and I went up to Estes Park with the dogs to see the leaves. Lily Mountain Trail allows dogs on leashes and is rated "easy" so I'm allowed on that trail as well.


View Larger Map


The leaves were just at their peak. When we got there, it was cold (52) and rainy, but by the first mile, the sun came out and it was just perfect. Lots of rock steps and hopping up and down, and I was with Josie, a black lab mix, who is a chugging little engine of muscle AND an alpha dog, so she pulled me up the side of the mountain. We hiked for almost two hours at 8500 feet elevation.





I figured this was a reasonable substitution for my Week 2, Day 2 running interval, so I'll pick up again today and do it then.

No comments:

Post a Comment